VMware Communities
CNatka
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Workstation is not starting a vmimage

Hi,

I am using Vmware 8.0.5 build-893925. I am having vmaimage of Windows 8 32 bit machine. I am trying to start the VM but it is showing a warning "The configuration file  "F:\Win8_32\Windows8_E_32_EN_001\Windows8_E_32_EN_001\Windows8_E_32_EN.vmx" was created by a VMware product that is incompatible with this version of VMware Workstation and cannot be used.

Cannot open the configuration file F:\Win8_32\Windows8_E_32_EN_001\Windows8_E_32_EN_001\Windows8_E_32_EN.vmx" .
I don't know why I am getting this error and what is solution for it. If i press OK button in the error message, I am getting next pop up with the message 'Cannot find a valid peer process to connect to.'

Can you please help me to find the solution. Any help is very appreciated!

-CNatka

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Try with Workstation 9 instead, that should be able to open all hardwareversions.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Try with Workstation 9 instead, that should be able to open all hardwareversions.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
CNatka
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes,
Installing Vmware 9 resolved the problem! Smiley Happy
Thanks Linjo!

-CNatka

0 Kudos