VMware Communities
mike_automator
Contributor
Contributor

Workstation Pro compatible with Almalinux?

Is Workstation Pro compatible with Almalinux?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mike_automator
Contributor
Contributor

I believe I may have figuring this out on my own. I was under the impression it would be compatible being Almalinux is a Centos variant. But I wasn't 100% sure as I am new to Almalinux and there was nothing mentioned about WS Pro and Almalinux.

I spoke with a friend of mine and he reminded me that since it is a variant of Centos, since Centos is going away this year, programs should be compatible with the variant like Almalinux. 

Though please correct me where I am wrong. I do not want to waste any time setting up my server with Almalinux if WS Pro would not work. The purpose of this server is to run GNS3 so that I can lab with ansible and python for Arista, Cisco, and Palo Alto. I am currently working towards developing my skills to include automation and become more familiar with SDN.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

As the host OS or as a guest OS in a VM?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
mike_automator
Contributor
Contributor

As the host OS

0 Kudos