VMware Communities
wizz7104
Contributor
Contributor

Workstation Pro - Not able to power on VMs

Hi folks,

Several months ago it was required by my company that we had a means of loading up Virtualized images of decommissioned lab instrument computers, so we went ahead and installed the free version of VMWare Workstation player 10, we then virtualized a windows XP system and were able to power it on and snapshot it with no issues.

Since then we have decided to put VMWare workstation pro 16 on a server so we can store all the various virtual images. However when we try and power on the XP VMs we get an error which states the following:

wizz7104_0-1607078340152.png

We have no idea why this is occurring and have been scratching our heads for a solution, does anybody have any ideas?

Many thanks,

Chase

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@wizz7104 

Have you checked the server BIOS settings to check that the various virtualization assist options are enabled?

In case it is important, what is the host OS on the server?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
wizz7104
Contributor
Contributor

That's what I was thinking was the case, unfortunately the server is hosted on VSphere and I don't currently have access to change the configuration settings of this particular server. Will have to go to the global team, I was hoping that maybe it wasn't to do with the Server Bios settings.

0 Kudos