VMware Communities
astrohart343
Contributor
Contributor

Workstation Pro Hangs on cloning at 100%, no file system activity, and then errors

Hi,

I power off my virtual machine, WIN10-TEST. I then create a powered-off snapshot, Powered Off Snapshot 2.

I then select the following options to create a clone of it:

astrohart343_0-1664047190427.png

astrohart343_1-1664047206815.png

astrohart343_2-1664047221928.png

astrohart343_3-1664047243979.png

astrohart343_4-1664047263134.png

Then it just sits at 100%, and nothing happens.  I can still utilize my computer okay though.

Then I get an error message box after quite some time has passed, saying:

Hi,

I power off my virtual machine, WIN10-TEST. I then create a powered-off snapshot, Powered Off Snapshot 2.

I then select the following options to create a clone of it (as shown in the link below):
https://imgur.com/a/m6wJcyS

The progress bar goes to 100%, and then it hangs. I look in my File Explorer, but the new VM's directory only ever has 38 files and 2 folders, and those numbers never change.

I need assistance with making sure my clone happens.

I would suggest: making a second progress bar in the Cloning progress dialog box that shows the progress of each operation so I can tell something is happening and it's not just stuck.

As a user, I am confused and think it is not working.

FYI, I have also attached the files that are produced by the Help > Collect Support Data command on both the source machine, WIN10-TEST, and the destination machine, WIN10-BAT-DEBUG.

I do not know what I am doing wrong.  Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Regards,

Brian Hart

The progress bar goes to 100% and then it hangs. I look in my File Explorer, but the new VM's directory only ever has 38 files and 2 folders and those numbers never change.

I need assistance with making sure my clone happens.

I would suggest: make a second progress bar in the Cloning progress dialog box that shows the progress of each individual operation so I can tell there is something happening and it's not just stuck.

As a user, I am confused and I think it is not working.

Regards,

Brian Hart

Regards,

Brian Hart
0 Kudos
0 Replies