I'm attempting to autostart an Ubuntu 20 VM on a Windows 10 21H1 system.
- VM Starts without issue manually. It is not encrypted
- The "VMWare Autostart service" is running under my login account
- I have full read/write permissions to vmAutoStart.xml in %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\VMware\VMware Workstation
- VM is checked in the "Configure VM Power Options" dialog. It's the only one
- I've attempted to unselect the VM in "Configure VM Power Options" and reselect
- It used to work, but after a few reboots I noticed it wasn't auto starting the VM
- I don't see any relate messages in Event Viewer
Is there any other location I should check for logs? Any troubleshooting tips?
A similar problem with a 2008 32bit guest. Thought it might be related to orphaned .lck files after a reboot but resolved for now by creating a Win10 guest without an operating system and set it to boot first.