VMware Communities
fiftyfour46
Contributor
Contributor

Workstation Pro 16.1 (Windows 10 20H2) dropping network randomly

I have 4 VMs all running bridged adapters. They ran with no problem in 16.0, after upgrade they all (at the same time) drop network randomly. I don't have proof but it might happen at the top of the hour. I need to take a closer look.

I can shutdown guests, reboot host, and start guests and everything works for an undetermined amount of time before happening again.

I've looked at guest logs, host logs, firewalls, and can't see anything alarming. Since it happens to all VMs and the host is fine, it makes me think the issue is isolated to the bridge.

The only other thing that has changed in this duration was adding an IPsec VPN tunnel to GCP, but I wouldn't imagine BGP could cause something like this.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jackgrrr
Contributor
Contributor

I have similar problem after upgrading from 16 to 16.1.0, after few minutes it keeps crashing my pc. If I don't run VM Workstation my pc is fine, few minutes after I run Workstation then immediately crash my Windows 10 20H2. No problem with VM Worstation 16.0. There must be something wrong with latest update 16.1.0

0 Kudos
Thorarin
Contributor
Contributor

I'm also having stability issues since installing this latest update. So far today I've had 3 lockups and a BSOD (page fault on unpaged address or something). Until yesterday I had no stability issues whatsoever. 

0 Kudos