VMware Communities
airnsea04
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Workstation Pro 15.5 update changed screen resolution and won't let me change it back

My VM is running Windows 10 x64 and I like to use it in full screen mode. After updating my product to 15.5, the VM is no longer filling the screen because the display settings changed to a different resolution. My monitor's native resolution is 2560x1080, which is no longer an option within my VM's display properties. I have tried manually setting the maximum resolution in Virtual Machine Settings and installing my monitor's driver within the VM, neither have resolved my issue.
I did a lot of research on this but since the display adapter driver installed in the VM is a VMWare proprietary driver, all of the suggestions start with 'install your video card driver...'

Please help me with this issue. I'm tired of the black bars when using my VM.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
asajm
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi airnsea04

And what about VMware tools?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

If you think your queries have been answered
Marking this response as "Solution " or "Kudo"
ASAJM

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
asajm
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi airnsea04

And what about VMware tools?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

ASAJM
0 Kudos
airnsea04
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Issue resolved!

My VM didn't have a virtual CD/DVD drive so it wasn't able to automatically install VMware Tools. Once I added this drive and selected Install VMware Tools, the screen resolution changed to my monitor's native resolution. I also noticed that performance in the VM dramatically improved. Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
asajm
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

That's great.

ASAJM
0 Kudos