VMware Communities
somethingcatchy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Workstation Pro 14 - Guest VM crashes everytime on creating

Hi I really hope you can help?

I have been having issues with Workstation initially with performance slowdown and crashes so I decided to do a repair install. This didnt fix the issue so I went ahead and uninstalled and did a fresh install. At this point none of my existing VM's would boot They were all running at Workstation 12 so I tried upgrading them to 14 but this made no difference either. So I then deleted all of my VM's and tried to create a fresh one from an iso but every time it would reach the Windows Server splash screen with the revolving dots it would crash. Having suspected maybe a driver or update issue (including the Microsoft Creators Update 1803 and the fact I am running on a PCIE SSD with recent problems announced) I decided to wipe my laptop and start again.

Now on a fresh install without all of the MS updates and fresh install of Workstation I still have the same crashing issue. It does not seem to matter if it is a fresh VM from iso or from a

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
somethingcatchy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

So its seems I have resolved my own issue. A recent update to Avast Antivirus software seems to have been the problem. I tested this offline by removing avast and Hey Presto everything works again.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
somethingcatchy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

So its seems I have resolved my own issue. A recent update to Avast Antivirus software seems to have been the problem. I tested this offline by removing avast and Hey Presto everything works again.

0 Kudos