VMware Communities
Howiedog
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Workstation Pro 14.1.3 unusable

Well..here we go again...the world moves forward but VMware's software gets worse with each release.

Win7 x64, 24GB Ram, loads of HDD space....

So this flavour of Workstation cannot even make a change in the Virtual Network Editor.

I added a bunch on vmnet adapter for a netapp simulator....need to change each for "Host Only" etc.

I choose the adapter I want to change, tick the Host-only box...click Apply....and ...WAIT...forever. It NEVER finishes. I have to kill the process. I go back in and no changes have been made.

Wow....just wow. Seriously....a basic function is unusable??

0 Kudos
5 Replies
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

... maybe because you did not start WS as administrator ?

0 Kudos
Howiedog
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I AM the administrator.

I just did another fresh install after punting the first install and ALL Reg entires....

Even watching the installation (2nd time) is painful as a separate task starts when its configuring the Virtual Network Editor....and even that "stops responding" while the installation is running.

No fun whatsoever.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Have you opened a support request?

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

What continuum​ was referring to, is to start the application in elevated mode to avoid possible UAC issues.

Anyway, do you have some kind of endpoint security installed on your system? Some of these applications may block network changes.

André

0 Kudos
Howiedog
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have now given up on this. Between VMware and the Netapp Sim (9.4) this is a disaster.

0 Kudos