VMware Communities
breakr
Contributor
Contributor

Workstation PRO 15 with guiest os MacOS Catalania 10.15 VGA issue

Hi,

I am running MacOS Catalania 10.15 and it works almost well. The only problem is that the system is reporting only 128MB vga memory to the guest os and I am getting a bit laggy performance.

Anyone knows how this might can be increased?

vmware tools is installed properly.

pastedImage_2.png

Thanks!

Breaker

0 Kudos
4 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Running MacOS under VMware Workstation (and thus on a Windows host OS) is not only unsupported but constitutes a violation of the EULAs of both VMware and Apple (which you probably know since you had to apply an illegal hack to make it work in the first place). As a result, we cannot help you here with your problem. MacOS may only be virtualized on top of official Apple hardware and on VMware Fusion.

0 Kudos
breakr
Contributor
Contributor

Smiley Happy well, Catalania is still in beta and publicly available from the App Store.

Indeed the patch is needed to allow selecting MacOS, however that is also freely available from Techsviewer.

Anyway lets say I am just curious if anyone experienced this problem and got a fix.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

It doesn't matter that either of these components are freely available, you're in violation of those EULAs, and we cannot assist those who choose that path.

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hello Breaker,

Unfortunately Apple does not allow you to run a virtual macOS or OS X on non-Apple branded hardware.

Since this violates Apple's EULA (and as such the VMware Community Terms of Use), any issues you have with trying to run macOS or OS X using VMware Workstation or VMware Workstation Player cannot be discussed at this forum.

You'll need to have apple hardware and use a product like VMware Fusion or VMware ESXi and run a virtual copy of macOS / OS X on that in order for us to be able to help you.

Hope you understand,

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos