VMware Communities
em2slyn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Workstation 9.0.2 does not save folders in library pane

Hi Folks:

I just installed Workstation 9.0.2 from 9.0.1 and the folders in the Library pane keep disappearing after closing the application. If I have a VM tab open, it remembers that and posts the VMs in the library pane. If I create a folder and place the VMs in the folder, close Workstation, and launch Workstation again, the folder disappears. I normally run Workstation on my normal user account, however, when I run it in my administrator account the folders seems to stay. I uninstalled Workstation and reinstalled it and the issue continues. Anybody else having this problem? Thanks!

Have a GREAT DAY!!

Shaun

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
em2slyn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Folks:

The problem appears to be solved. I uninstalled the application and deleted the VMware folders in appdata/local and appdata/roaming and reinstalled. Appears to be working now. Thanks!

Have a GREAT DAY!!

Shaun

0 Kudos
ShaneGibson
Contributor
Contributor

Your a life saver! I am in the middle of a big project and constantly opening various dev VMs. This was a big deal for me. good tip to know is that if you forget to delete the folders mentioned (C:\Users\[username]\AppData\ --> Local & Roaming), you will have the same problem after re-installing Smiley Happy. Thanks for the solution, I searched bing and google both high and low and this was the only one that worked for me.

Just an FYI, my environment is:

Windows 8 Pro

VMWare Workstation 8.0.6 build-1035888

0 Kudos