VMware Communities
Agave
Contributor
Contributor

Workstation 7 and Windows 7 Home Group

Looked to see if this has already been asked/answered, but only found posts from before Workstation 7 and Windows 7 GA.

From reading the Workstation RC info, it seemed that IPv6 issues were fixed...assuming then that Windows 7 Home Group would work in Workstation 7. Still having problems with getting VMs and Host to be in a Home Group.

If I need to RTFM, then please let me know which FM I need to read. :smileygrin:

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Scissor
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

From reading the Workstation RC info, it seemed that IPv6 issues were fixed...assuming then that Windows 7 Home Group would work in Workstation 7. Still having problems with getting VMs and Host to be in a Home Group.

I think the Homegroup only works if the Windows Firewall is set to the "Home" profile. Perhaps the two additional network adapters that VMware Workstation installs on your Host has triggered your Host's firewall to "Public" instead "Home" profile? You can fix this by running the powershell script from here on your Host: http://www.nivot.org/2008/09/05/VMWareVMNETAdaptersTriggeringPublicProfileForWindowsFirewall.aspx

0 Kudos