VMware Communities
garethreeves
Contributor
Contributor

Workstation 7 Eval

Does anyone know if there are problems with the eval licenses. I have requested evals twice today, checked my spam folders, but haven't received anything through email.

G

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Tom2k8
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I'm facing the same issue, but this stingy issue is also valid for VMWare Player. I'm also waiting for the e-mails: one for the eval and one for the free Player.

Maybe the servers might be overloaded or because of a major upgrade the site might not run correctly for this moment. The latter means that the site is in maintenance mode.

0 Kudos
Tom2k8
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Today I've received BOTH e-mails, so I'm able to download the Player. Now I've downloaded the Player. I think that you also get your e-mails in order to download and activate your evaluation. I think that the servers have been too busy because of the new version.

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

I never received an eval license during my attempts to find one - ignore it ...

the trial somehow seems to work without entering one ... ????

VMX-parameters- VMware-liveCD - VM-Sickbay

0 Kudos
DEVart
Contributor
Contributor

I have several developers that requested a 7.0 trial license, but they never got an email.

This is somewhat a blocking factor as I need to set them up so they can start developing, and need Workstation for that.

They are in their trial period, hence the reason why we work with trial software, once they prove to be okay (the devs) we buy them a license.

However, since they cant even start the application, we're blocked.

Working without serial key, doesn't work (don't know where you get that info).

0 Kudos