VMware Communities
chvitaly
Contributor
Contributor

Workstation 7 Dual Monitors

I can't make Workstation 7.1.1 work with dual monitors properly. When I click "Cycle multiple monitors" button, I get the same sized screen as my primary monitor, just centered between the two monitors with black bars on each side. Is there something I am missing?

I had the same problem with 7.1.0. However, I was able to fix it by installing some older VMWare Tools video driver on the guest. I found the link to the driver on these forums. I can't seem to find it anymore. I did try checking and unchecking the Autofit Guest checkbox under View menu.

Also, under 7.1.0 the dual monitor setup never worked with Java programs. When I run any Java program, I get the second monitor image corrupted. It becomes a slowly refreshing (once every few seconds) copy of the one part of the primary monitor. Some time after the Java app is closed, the problem goes away.

I am running Windows 7 64bit host and Windows XP 32bit guest.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mdunn-vmware
Expert
Expert

If you look in VM settings->Hardware->Display, what is that set to? If it is not set to "Use host setting for monitors", could you change it and then try full screen again?

0 Kudos
chvitaly
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, that setting has been properly set from get-go.

Anyway, it looks like either it took two restarts from VMWare Tools upgrade or a restart from setting Autofit Guest, but it's working now.

Any word on that Java issue?

0 Kudos