VMware Communities
joehecht
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Workstation 7.1 caches directory?

What is this new Workstation 7,1 caches directory in the VM's working directory?

What are all those files for?

When the VM is shut down and closed, can it be safely deletedfefore I zip down the directory for archiving and moving to another amchine?

If not needed, is there any way to shut off the creation of the files?

Any privacy info in those files?

Thanks in advance!

Joe

0 Kudos
21 Replies
continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

sorry - I assumed that was common knowledge

for those that still do not know where to find the preferences or config - files - just open any vmware.log

the full paths to the location of those files are referenced there

0 Kudos
chucktr
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

No problem mate.  It is common knowledge -but- when a person is working on/with multiple Systems you can sometimes (to often) forget which one you are on.  Gentle reminders to us older folks helps.  Annnddd to the newer users.  You would be surprised (or maybe not) at the number of people who don't know that the Linux system doesn't require an ini on the end.  In fact it doesn't require any kind of extention on almost anything.

Take care and good talkin' to Ya,

Chuck

P.S.

And once again, thanks for the info.  I have included it on my openSuSE 11.4 Web Page at:

http://www.trcompu.com/Computers/LinNotes/NewSuSE-11-4.html

If you care to look and approve or disaprove. It is long so please notice the Jump Points on the Left.

0 Kudos