VMware Communities
Eric_N_
Contributor
Contributor

Workstation 6.5 with vista sp1 x64 - NAT service dying

After upgrading to version 6.5, the VMNAT service dies every few minutes. I am seeing the following error in the event log on the physical workstation:

Faulting application vmnat.exe, version 6.5.0.4558, time stamp 0x48d2fb61, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 6.0.6001.18000, time stamp 0x4791a783, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x0002f897, process id 0xc28, application start time 0x01c9228ae85caf3d.

Has anyone seen this?

This computer is a recent upgrade from workstation 6

0 Kudos
25 Replies
jexp77
Contributor
Contributor

I agree with you Thomas!

We have many copies of VM workstation 6.5 running and most exhibit this behaviour. I posted this fault on this forum on the 15th Oct and yet still no responce.

This isnt a minor fault since it prevents (NAT) networking completely. WHY is there NO hotfix available (Or even a Beta solution) ????!!!!!

This is pretty poor service IMO from VMware on this issue.

Paul

0 Kudos
drbohner
Contributor
Contributor

My complaint is multi-fold.

1. VMWare only gives 30 days support - from the time you purchase. VMWARE Sent us the upgrade - they should, at least, support it as 'new' from their customers for the first 30 days after installation. HOWEVER, if you contact their support center - immediately after asking for your user/login - they ask you for your credit card! WRONG TACTIC VM!

2. They do not monitor their own forums. I do not see that any internal resource is monitoring this list, replying to it or offering any support. In doing so, they don't mind that it becomes a bastian for decent! If VMWare, simply, came online and said they were aware and were looking into the issue - we'd all feel some relief (but, it's not happening).

3. IT IS keeping us from supporting our customers. How long can we complain to the empty jar before we push the jar to the edge of the table and let it freefall.

Come on VMWare - Put a bandaide on your parts and pick them so so they stop dragging on the floor!

(db)

(db)
0 Kudos
cadwal
Contributor
Contributor

As far as I can tell this is fixed in v6.5.1, not in the releasenotes, but seems to work.

/Ulf

0 Kudos
mikefoley
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I too have noticed that I haven't had to restart the NAT service in over an hour since I updated.

Thanks VMware guys!

mike

mike
0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Well in this thread Vmware employee confirms that the fix is in that new version 😉

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
smuckers
Contributor
Contributor

Upgrading to 6.5.1 resolved my issue as well.

0 Kudos