VMware Communities
lenkiatleong
Contributor
Contributor

Workstation 6.5.1 does not support .net framework 3.5 sp1??

Hi,

My setup is as below:

• Host using Windows XP SP2

• Guest using Windows 2003 Server SP2

• Dual monitor (1 on DVI and 1 on DSUB).

• Lenovo ThinkCentre (MT-M 8810-AD1)

• 3GB RAM

• VMWare WorkStation 6.5.1

I installed my company product into the guest and everything works as per normal. I could use dual monitors without problem with applications all over them in full screen. Then, i installed .net 3.5 framework SP1 into the guest so that i could install a new product which uses Window Presentation Foundation for graphic purpose. Now, i have problem with dual monitors when i opened my product which previously have no problem. The problem is, i could move the mouse but there is no window/application for me to select/click. The screen is showing mostly black with scattered previous background image. However, when i revert back to single monitor, everything works again. However, in _unity _mode, all are fine in dual monitors.

In sum, i have no problem running the guest with any program/application in a single monitor and in unity mode. With dual monitors in full screen, the mouse could not select anything. The screens are in chaos.

Is there anything that i could do to fix this dual monitor in full screen mode problem.

Thanks

Len

0 Kudos
1 Reply
lenkiatleong
Contributor
Contributor

Is there any expert in this forum that can answer this problem?

0 Kudos