VMware Communities
ONI_Assassin
Contributor
Contributor

Workstation 17.0.1 - Video Bugs

Hey,

17.0.0 had a couple of bugs around unity not working and multiple monitors not working in full-screen mode.  I've just upgraded to 17.0.1 and still have the same issues.  I'm going to raise a ticket, but before I do, can someone confirm they have the same issue?

For reference, I have two 4k displays, an rtx3060 (laptop edition), i9 11th gen and 64 GB of ram.  The host os is Windows 11, and the guest is Windows 10.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
rainer_xxl
Contributor
Contributor

I have a similar problem, with me host is ubuntu 22.04 with an amd graphics card, the client is Windows 10 or 11.

If I have enabled fullscreen with extension to all screens (2x4k), then for example when playing a YouTube video in fullscreen mode, the screen is completely defaced, working is no longer possible VMWare Workstation must be closed.

0 Kudos
rainer_xxl
Contributor
Contributor

I was able to narrow down the error further, the error only occurs when scaling is entered in the display device settings on Ubuntu.

If you do this, then the virtual machines behave very incorrectly in full screen playback.

It does not matter if the client is Windows 11,10 or e.g. Ubuntu 22.04, the problem occurs in all cases when scaling is enabled.

0 Kudos