VMware Communities
dancard
Contributor
Contributor

Workstation 16 Pro WIndows 20H2 and graphics driver issues (mouse flicker and disapearing in guest)

Yesterday I deloyed Workstation 16 on an DELL Lattitude with an IRIS onboard graphics card. Running a kali vm I found my mouse in the console wasn't really usable.

After a range of troubleshooting I found the issue also appeared when using the workstation GUI and that there seems to be a layer selection issue with the GPU (assumption). It's related to mouse focus between "cursor" and "select link"

I tried every combo of config and nothing was changing this.

I tried 3 versionf of the IRIS driver with no success.

I then removed the intel driver and replaced it with the MS Basic Display driver. I can now use workstation and Linux guests again.

Basically there is an issue with graphics drivers and VMW 16 /Windows 20H2. It seems MS, VMWARE, INTEL, DELL, NVIDIA etc. all can't work out who's fault it is........................................

they should just work together to fix the issue

Labels (1)
  • s

1 Reply
steve35
Contributor
Contributor

I have installed the latest Intel IRIS graphics drivers and the issue appears to be fixed. I downloaded the drivers directly from Intel, rather than through Dell: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30381/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers

Version: 27.20.100.9466 released on 16th April 2021.

0 Kudos