VMware Communities
kasper
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Workstation 16 Photon OVA Recommended Mouse Drive Install Method

Windows 10 Workstation 16 host.   Setting up Photon guest using OVA.   Nice.   But what is the recommended

method to install device drivers so that I do not have to use ctl-alt to regain focus of the mouse?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@kasper 

Does Photon OS support running VMware Tools or open-vm-tools?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
kasper
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It seems Photon has moved off of the VMWare main site and onto GITHUB.    Can you point me at some web page that describes the status of Photon and VMWare in broad general terms?   

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@kasper 

I would only be doing the same Google searches that you could be doing yourself...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos