VMware Communities
memazoga001
Contributor
Contributor

Workstation 15 hang on installing virtual network drivers in Windows 10

Hello

I worked very comfortable with player 14 until some day in the recent past my windows 10 updated. Since then it sent a message that player 14 was not compatible with that version, that i needed to get a compatible one. Then i upgraded to player 15.5 and for first time in my life i noticed I had problems with player in Windows. Upgrade hung installing virtual network drivers for so much time, i remembered i had to skip this step. When it finally finished, vms didnt' have communication. It never helped to unistall, reinstall, reboot, repair because things weren't better. I started read and realized problem was related to virtual network drivers. The most exact i have read is :

"I rebooted and reinstalled VMWare Player 15. The installer hangs at installing the network adapters. If I look at my device manager while the installer goes, I see the network adapter for vmnet1 appear with a yellow warning sign on it. It hangs for about 5 minutes this disappears and vmnet8 appears with the same thing. It hangs again for about 5 minutes and then disappears as well. Then the VMWare Player installer says the installation is complete and boots up. The problem is there are no network adapters but I don't receive any errors or anything."

Test included reduce UAC to the minumum and disable Symantec endpoint protection in my Windows10, but nothing, Network drivers don't work. Things are the same when i try Workstation 15.5.

Until now i cannot find solution.

I reproduced an install and attach the following logs

vminst*.log

vmmsi*.log

I hope to find a solution soon.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
memazoga001
Contributor
Contributor

update. kb that initially affected w10 is kb4524147.

It was reversed, Player 14 starts again but still it's impossible to load virtual network drivers

0 Kudos
MarkT123
Contributor
Contributor

I am having many installation issue trying to upgrade 14.x to 15.5. The installation hangs. Never before have I had an issue with VM Player/Worstation Pro installing on W7x64,

Tried multiple times, keeps hanging, rebooting does nothing. Uninstalling and Reinstalling does not work.

Hangs here: See picture..

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos