VMware Communities
msnyder_xo
Contributor
Contributor

Workstation 14 Pro - Signed OVF/OVA Appliance Export with Deployment Wizard

Hello all,

Typically, I have used Workstation as a test environment, but recently I've started building my templates with Workstation. At first, I just would upload the VMs to vCenter, convert them to templates then just rock and roll. However, I have begun using the Content Library and would like to step up my game a bit. I'm having trouble with two things that I'm not able to find a resolution for searching with Google. First, what I'd really like is to have a deployment "wizard" like you see with downloaded OVA from vendors; one that walks you through hardware customization, DHCP or Static IP address, etc. I am able to choose a guest customization file for sysprep, product key, join domain, etc., but it never seems to run when deploying from Content Library. Second, whenever I export my VM from Workstation to OVF/OVA and upload it to the Content Library, when I attempt to deploy I get a SSL cert error; so how can I configure Workstation to sign my OVF/OVA appliances with a valid cert?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
parmarr
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

See KB https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2057223 this should help

Sincerely, Rahul Parmar VMware Support Moderator
0 Kudos
msnyder_xo
Contributor
Contributor

That's good info to have, but I'm actually looking for this on Workstation Pro 14. I use Workstation Pro to create my templates. I have opened a support case with VMware, but no response yet.

0 Kudos