VMware Communities
xPat201110141
Contributor
Contributor

Workstation 12 trying to shut itself down unexpectedly

This is a weird one... On a system that previously worked fine, start Workstation 12 then start a Win7x64 VM. Immediately after the VM starts, Workstation starts displaying the dialog that would normally be displayed if you tried to exit workstation with the VM still running. It warns that a VM is still running and offers options to pause it, shut it down, or cancel. But clicking on cancel just results in the same dialog popping up again. Actually, the dialog appears as rapidly flashing on the screen - as if whatever event was causing the dialog to be displayed was ocurring over and over again many times per second.

Occasionally after clicking Cancel a thousand or so times, I can get it to stop flashing the dialog for a few seconds. During that time, the VM seems to function just fine - so I don't think the VM is the problem. The issue is that Workstation 12 is for some reason getting confused and thinking it needs to shut down when I have not taken any action to shut it down. I upgraded from WS12 to WS12.0.1 (newest release), with no change in results.

Anyone seen this before?

Thanks,

ET

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies