VMware Communities
GTA89
Contributor
Contributor

Workstation 12 - Pop Up Problem

Recently, I was forced to upgrade to version 12, because Workstation 11.1.4 would not install properly on Linux Mint 18, which is the host for my laptop.  Everyone in my company runs Linux now and there are no windows native machines.  One problem I keep seeing is that when multiple instances are open, if there is a OS related Pop up, or warning, or login screen on one of the other instances, it keeps showing up where I am working.  A good example is that a screen saver has kicked in on a Win 7 system because I left it on, and I can be in another instance and the login screen will keep going in and out on the instance I am working on.  After over 10 years of using Vmware, I have not seen that one.  My computer is a Dell M6600 with Nvidia video.  I also have the problem up having to constantly manually set the screen for Full Screen which is also very irritating when switching instances.  I might have 6 sessions open at once and just having two open is really irritating with these problems.  I really wish I could go back to Version 11. Any help would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
admin
Immortal
Immortal

One problem I keep seeing is that when multiple instances are open, if there is a OS related Pop up, or warning, or login screen on one of the other instances, it keeps showing up where I am working.  A good example is that a screen saver has kicked in on a Win 7 system because I left it on, and I can be in another instance and the login screen will keep going in and out on the instance I am working on.

You're saying that if there's some visible activity in one guest, it appears even while you're interacting with a different guest?  And this only happens if you're running two VMs in separate windows, not in separate tabs in the same window?

0 Kudos