VMware Communities
Kurokenshi
Contributor
Contributor

Workstation 11 not working after installation

Hi

Could really use some help trying to fix this issue.

I reinstalled my os Win 8.1 and then installed Workstation 11 and it will not start my VM.

VMWare Workstation 11.1.4 Error

VMware Workstation cannot connect to the virtual machine. Make sure you have rights to run the program, access all directories the program uses, and access all directories for temporary files.
Failed to connect pipe to virtual machine: The system cannot find the file specified.

Services

VMWare USB Arbitration Service : Not Starting
VMWare Workstation Server      : Not Starting

System Error

The VMware USB Arbitration Service service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Application Error

Faulting application name: vmware-usbarbitrator64.exe, version: 14.1.5.0, time stamp: 0x5627ea5d
Faulting module name: \USB\vmware-usbarbitrator64.exe!_decode_pointer, version: 6.3.9600.18438, time stamp: 0x57ae642e
Exception code: 0xc0000139
Fault offset: 0x00000000000ecdd0
Faulting process id: 0x1210
Faulting application start time: 0x01d270bf7ad46872
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\VMware\USB\vmware-usbarbitrator64.exe
Faulting module path: \USB\vmware-usbarbitrator64.exe
Report Id: b881790b-dcb2-11e6-825f-f8bc1257bc76
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

Might want to try uninstalling Workstation (use the VMware Cleaner if necessary - see the knowledgebase article 1308 I belive), reboot, then reinstall - and make sure to run the installer As Admin.

0 Kudos
Kurokenshi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I have tried that solution and still getting the same error.

0 Kudos
Kurokenshi
Contributor
Contributor

Update

I have reinstalled Windows again and still getting the same error.

Also found this in the system logs

The description for Event ID 34 from source vmx86 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

VMX86.SYS: begin DriverEntry built @ 02:33:48

0 Kudos