VMware Communities
AdvTechConsulti
Contributor
Contributor

Workstation 10 License issue.

Earlier this week I picked up a new client with a very old network. WIn XP machines, VMWare Workstaion 10 with server 2003. We are setting up a new server in a week or 2. We ran into an issue this morning though.

The office manager opened up the VMWare workstation 10 and attempted to power on the QB Server. She received the error "Please install a valid license". She immediately called me, I had her find the license key and re-entered it, same issue. I then called VMWare and after 3 hours of of getting transferred and hung up on, the rep finally was able to tell me the key was in fact valid and the only way they could help was if my client upgraded to WKS12 pro. Which is impossible at this time, their server is 32bit. I've checked the registry, the key is correct. WKS10 CP shows the server cpu and memory usage. The network is up and all machines are accessible except the server. I will be onsite tomorrow afternoon to cycle the network.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated, I've scoured the KB articles, the internet and forums.

0 Kudos
0 Replies