VMware Communities
Lee_Fly
Contributor
Contributor

Windows10 Update [VMware, Inc. - System - 9.8.16.0]

My Windows 10 installed in WMware Workstation was automatically upgraded yesterday. Today I turned on the WM-Win10 and found that the screen resolution has changed. The actual resolution of my computer is 1920x1080. The normal resolution in my WMware is also 1920x1080.But today it changed to 1024x768. The maximum  resolution changed to 1152x864. 

In Windows update history, driver update shows “VMware, Inc. - System - 9.8.16.0”.

What's worry? How to recover?

Wmware Win10Wmware Win10

My physical PCMy physical PC

0 Kudos
3 Replies
bluefirestorm
Champion
Champion

From the version number 9.8.16.0, the update looks like is on the VMCI driver (in Device Manager -> System Devices -> VMware VMCI Bus Device). It is hard to see why updating that driver would cause change video resolution capability. That would be on the VMware SVGA 3D Driver (latest version 8.17.3.1).

What is your VMware Tools version? The latest is 11.3.0.

You can do 1 of 2 things either (1) try to roll back the VMCI driver, since that is what you said was the update on, or (2) re-install the VMware Tools on the VM. You can also manually download the latest VMware Tools from https://www.vmware.com/go/tools

0 Kudos
Lee_Fly
Contributor
Contributor

Problem solved!

The reason is Windows update, version 20H2. After this update, a driver [VMware, Inc. - Display - 8.17.2.14] needs to be installed, but it was put in the "optional update". 

I install this driver and the problem was solved.

0 Kudos
EverGreen_28
Contributor
Contributor

Hi and sorry for this question but:

Where i need to post for a Function Request?

I post here because i look activity on this thread.

Thanks guys

0 Kudos