VMware Communities
Declaration1776
Contributor
Contributor

Windows Server connect to physical host.

Hello, I am trying to connect laptops to my windows server which hosts Windows Deployment Services. When I try to boot from the Laptops it does not detect the server over PXE boot I have a Ethernet port connected to my host which is connected to the internet. I would like to have the virtual server go through my Ethernet port to my router then to the connected laptops. I cannot figure it out. I have tried bridging the adapter to the port but have been unsuccessful. What am i doing wrong?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

It is not clear (to me at least) on which system you are running VMware Workstation.

Is your deployment server a VM, or are you trying to PXE boot VMs on your laptops in order to download an image from your deployment server?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Declaration1776
Contributor
Contributor

My server is in a VM.  I am trying to pxe boot physical machines.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This might be more of a networking issue than anything specific to VMware Workstation.

What is your DHCP server? What network connections do your laptops have relative to your router and the host on which you're running the WDS VM?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos