VMware Communities
SAbady
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Windows Server 2019 is missing from Workstation Pro 15.5.2

My new installation of VMWare Workstation Pro 15.5.2 is missing option for Windows Server 2019. When I try to install from iso, it detects Windows 10. Under installing operating system later, server 2019 is not in the list.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Absolutely no problem here using the 2016 option and installing from an ISO located on the host...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Yes, that's correct.

0 Kudos
SAbady
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Is it unsupported in 15.5.2?

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

It's supported, you'll just have to select Server 2016. The menu option hasn't been updated.

0 Kudos
SAbady
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Doesn't work... at least not the way I normally do installs which is point to iso on host.

Note that in 15.5.1 server 2019 is available. Not sure how the option got dropped between 15.5.1 and 15.5.2.

0 Kudos
SAbady
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Note... it does work. I needed to change boot drive to host during install. Looks good now so far. Thanks.

0 Kudos
SAbady
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Tried using Server 2016 with no success. Any help appreciated as to why this was dropped.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Absolutely no problem here using the 2016 option and installing from an ISO located on the host...

0 Kudos
SAbady
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for your help. This issue was totally my own doing. Server Version 1903 omits GUID. When I pulled the appropriate image, VMware gave me the appropriate install options, and identified the image as server 2019. Apologies for wasting your time.

0 Kudos