VMware Communities
yoelopera
Contributor
Contributor

Windows 10 machines slow at sartup and poweroff

Hi everyone!

I have some slow problems with my Windows 10 guest machines deployed with VMware Workstation 16.1.0.

When I start these machines, before showing the boot screen of Windows 10, VMware is showing a black screen with a white "-" during 2 o 3 minutes. The same when I power off the guest machines, after showing the power off screen of Windows 10, VMWare shows a black screen before close poweoff entirely the guest machine... plus poor performance for my these guest machines...

As a curiosity, when I install the VMware tools, in the install process, when the cleaning files step is displayed, the machines are frozen for 3 minutes...

This has always happened to me include if I update the host drivers, make a wipe in my host... so I don't know why it occurs...

I don't have Hyper-V, credential guard or device guard cofigured..

Thanks to all.

Stay safe!

Regards,

Yoel Lopera Mallol

3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@yoelopera

Host OS version?

Host hardware spec? (CPU, memory, disk)

VM hardware spec?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
yoelopera
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @scott28tt,

My host OS version is Windows 10 20H2 19042.746 and the specs are the following:

- CPU: Intel Core i7-10510U 1.80-2.30 GHz.

- RAM: 16 GB.

- Disk: 512 GB SSD.

The VM specs are the following:

- CPU: 1 processor / 2 cores per processor.

- Intel VT-x/EPT disabled.

- Disk: 125 GB.

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
MerylC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I would suggest you to un install every bloatware windows 10 has.

use powershell

Get-AppxPackage *Maps* | Remove-AppxPackage

You can use any app name in place of Maps

---------------------------------------------------------------

VMware Workstation Virtual Machines Expert
0 Kudos