VMware Communities
MrRobot_2016
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Windows 10 crashes on Vmware Workstation 10

VmwareCrash.PNG

Is there a patch or something for vmware 10 for running Windows 10 (Ultimate) ? The session will stay open for a while, just like others have mentioned... and then it will crash with this error message at some point.   I don't see anything available for download and it's a major problem for me.  vmware10 is running on a 64 bit machine. and there is 8GB of memory allocated for that vm workstation.   Can any one help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dariusd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

This problem occurs when your Windows 10 virtual machine is configured for a SATA CD/DVD drive.

Power off your VM, go into the VM menu and choose Settings, then on the Hardware list choose CD/DVD (SATA), then choose the Advanced... button in the lower-right.  Change the CD/DVD drive to IDE.  The problem should no longer occur.

The problem is also fixed in Workstation 11.1.1 and Player 7.1.1.

Cheers,

--

Darius

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
dariusd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

This problem occurs when your Windows 10 virtual machine is configured for a SATA CD/DVD drive.

Power off your VM, go into the VM menu and choose Settings, then on the Hardware list choose CD/DVD (SATA), then choose the Advanced... button in the lower-right.  Change the CD/DVD drive to IDE.  The problem should no longer occur.

The problem is also fixed in Workstation 11.1.1 and Player 7.1.1.

Cheers,

--

Darius

0 Kudos
MrRobot_2016
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

tx you.. i'll try that and see if it crashes... usually takes around 24 hours.

0 Kudos