MohamedBaher
Contributor
Contributor

Windows 10 Update 1903 Device Guard Issue

Dears,

After upgrading Windows 10 to 1903 virtual machines are unable to boot with error VMware Workstation and Device/Credential Guard are not compatible. VMware workstation can be run after disabling Device/Credentials Guard.

Troubleshooting:

- Hyper-V Feature disabled

- Windows Sandbox disabled

- Device Guard "Turn on Virtualization based security disabled"

But the issue still occurs.Screenshot_2.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TF21045
Contributor
Contributor

Run the Command Prompt as Administrator

If you don't know how to run Command Prompt as an Administrator, Picture below:

cmd in admin.png                                  

If you done that, Run Command Prompt as Administrator and type this command:

mountvol X: /s

copy %WINDIR%\System32\SecConfig.efi X:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\SecConfig.efi /Y

bcdedit /create {0cb3b571-2f2e-4343-a879-d86a476d7215} /d "DebugTool" /application osloader

bcdedit /set {0cb3b571-2f2e-4343-a879-d86a476d7215} path "\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\SecConfig.efi"

bcdedit /set {bootmgr} bootsequence {0cb3b571-2f2e-4343-a879-d86a476d7215}

Then Restart for the changes to apply.

If it still doesn't work, Feel free to Reply me.

0 Kudos
kmtnck
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have got same problem, I just update september update of windows 10 and my vm is not runnable for this error about credentials not compatible with device guard.

I disable all as indicated on instruction and disable any slang of credential guard and similar, but nothing.

I find your reply googling with attonish expression and I try to apply your suggest patch, but I must realize that do not work Smiley Sad

I restart the system but the feel is equals, appear this error on any wmware, linux, windows , bsd linux.

I have workstation 15 on trial. Now I think to unistall all and reinstall wmplayer 15 and try with a simple player wmware after update windows.

0 Kudos