VMware Communities
kharche
Contributor
Contributor

Windows 10 20H2 vmware workstation 16 pro - Nested VM

I have vmware workstation 16 pro installed on windows 10. I have WSL enabled on the host OS. Everything was working well till last week.  And then i decided the upgrade the windows 10 to latest version 20H2. After that the nested VM's dont work. It throws the error" VMware Workstation does not support nested virtualization on this host. Module 'HV' power on failed. Failed to start the virtual machine."

After reading some forum's i have tried enabling windows feature "windows hypervisor platform" but it does not help.

If i uncheck "Virtualize Intel VT-x/EPT or AMD-V/RVI" in vmware workstation then the VM boots up but there is not network connectivity from the host to the VM.

3 Replies
GarfieldBonn
Contributor
Contributor

Got the same problem after upgrading from Win10 H2 to Win10 21H1.

Are there any solution yet?

0 Kudos
GarfieldBonn
Contributor
Contributor

I unchecd the vtx in VMWARE and set the Network-Connection new via virtual network connector.. It got somehow lost.

Works now 😄
0 Kudos
milindng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have also having the same problem after updating OS automatically by Microsoft itself. Now my existing VMware lab not working  where I am trying to configure my vCenter 6.7

Earlier with previous version of 20H2 my all work smooth. Even I tried multiple version of VMware workstation , but no use. VT-X technology is already enable in my system Bios and on every version of VMware they ask to disable VT-x in workstation setting.

0 Kudos