VMware Communities
auldh
Contributor
Contributor

Windows 10 2004 upgrade on VMware Desktop pro 16

Since upgrading can't get Windows 64 to behave correctly.

Checked Internet it talks about version 15.0... to support Windows 10 64 with update 2004. Did not find anything about version 16.

Is there a solution for supporting Windows 10 64 2004 update?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@auldh 

Please confirm the following:

Host OS and version?

Guest OS (in your VM) and version?

Workstation version installed?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
auldh
Contributor
Contributor

Host OS and version? Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041
Guest OS (in your VM) and version? Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041 Just loaded Windows 10 update 2004
Workstation version installed? 16.0.0 build-16894299

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@auldh 

Thanks, can you be more specific about the problem you are experiencing? What do you mean by “behave correctly” exactly?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
auldh
Contributor
Contributor

One problem is when I open a control: check_for_updates the dialogbox opens but it is flickering so bad I can't see what is there or where the mouse is hovering. And just before I close it all comes into stable/focus.

If I have the taskmanager runing on the bottom right corner and attempt to open my Network connections it creates a box but I only see the taskmanager data. When I minimize the taskmanger I can then see the Network connections.

So in short it looks like the video is failing to stabilize. where all else is clear.

0 Kudos
auldh
Contributor
Contributor

0 Kudos
auldh
Contributor
Contributor

0 Kudos
auldh
Contributor
Contributor

Last set of pictures

0 Kudos
auldh
Contributor
Contributor

@scott28tt

Any progress? I need to sort this out?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@auldh 

While I'm an employee and a moderator, I've not come across this issue myself - you'll need to wait for other VMTN members to help.

0 Kudos
auldh
Contributor
Contributor

scott28tt

Will that be a phone call or email dialog?

Should I expect it today?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@auldh 

VMTN isn’t a formal support forum, it is a user community forum.

0 Kudos