VMware Communities
robbyit
Contributor
Contributor

Window without borders in half monitor

Hi,

i have a little problem and i didn't figure out.

With a very large monitor, how can i have on right, my VMware workstation, and on left my local host ?

My resolution is 3840x1080, but is only i 1 monitor, so i wish to have my virtual machine on right in full screen ( without window because isn't clear in text and other stuff, or a window without borders, and always on top, or can i take down with a click in status bar\application bar, where is start to be clear ).

Bottom line, with 1 monitor:

- a full screen of virtual machine on right ( if is possible like a window always on top that cover my clock and icons in bottom right, so back there is my local host, local machine )

- and local machine on left. ( but not stretch, so the resolution of local host is 3840x1080, but virtual machine is 1920x1080 on right )

Thanks in advance, i hope to figure out with you

0 Kudos
3 Replies
robbyit
Contributor
Contributor

no one ?

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

Your wishes are quite obscure - so dont be surprised that nobody answered.

On a Linux host with IceWM it could be possible. But it would require that you connect to your host with something like VLC ...

Possible - but really obscure ...

0 Kudos
robbyit
Contributor
Contributor

I want to share my research about that.

In another place, an user suggest to use Virtual Display Manager from http://www.ishadow.com/ and works like expected.

I don't understand why, but there are a little black borders on top and bottom, but works.

Unfortunately isn't free, but you can try evaluation copy.

0 Kudos