VMware Communities
shriganesh
Contributor
Contributor

Win7 HP x64 - VMWare Workstation - Unable to open any existing VM

I've VMware workstation 7.0.1 running on Win 7 x64 Home Premium host. Everything was working fine but suddenly problems started. I've already opened existing VMs and reinstalled VMtools on all the guests. But suddenly today I am unable to open any VMs. I tried repairing, uninstalling and reinstalling VMware. Nothing helps. When I open an existing VM, VMware simply sits idle. No reaction at all. I tried to create a new VM. But after the creation of the new VM, it doesn't appear on the tab (it's the same case when opening an existing VM too). I can see only the Home tab. Please help!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

As a first step, try disable any AV and firewall software and check for errors in the event logs.

André

shriganesh
Contributor
Contributor

I've Eset Nod32 Security Suit. It doesn't have any IDS functions. But still I disabled everything and checked... Same issue only. Moreover, previously it worked along with VMWare well....

Also tell me where should I be looking for logs? In %temp%?

0 Kudos
shriganesh
Contributor
Contributor

Really sorry for my stupidity.... I'd blocked VMware auth service in firewall! Once I allowed it, VMWare started working well! Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
shriganesh
Contributor
Contributor

Allow vmware and vmware-auth in firewall and vmware will load the VMs normally Smiley Happy

EDIT: I don't know summary will be posted as a new post.. Sorry for triple posting.....

0 Kudos