VMware Communities
jkalmbach
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Win10 Upgrade to 1903 does not start with msg "VMWare Workstation Pro" is not compatible

I have VMWare Workstation pro 15.1.0 build-13591040 (the latest).

I try to upgrade my guest OS "Windows 10 Enterprise 10.0.10586 Build 10586" to the latest 1903 version...

After starting the upgrade program, it display the following and I cannot continue to upgrade my guest OS...

WHAT CAN I DO? HOW CAN I UPGRADE?

05-09-_2019_11-28-21.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jkalmbach
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hmm… after looking a bit deeper, the answer was very simple:

* Inside the Guest OS, someone has install VMWare Workstation (an older version than 15.1); and this has caused the error message….

After uninstalling the VM Workstation *inside* the Guest OS, the update worked Smiley Wink

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hallo Jochen
fuer die Kombi Windows 10 1903 mit Workstation  benoetigt man eine gewisse masochistische Veranlagung...
Eine Seite zurueck und du findest mehrere Posts zu dem Thema ... leider bin ich gerade nicht auf dem neusten Stand.
Kleiner Trost von VMware-seite : Sie haben gemerkt wieviele Leute mit diesem Problem derzeit praktisch ausgesperrt sind und deshalb gibt es als naechste Version WS 15.5 als freies Upgrade.
Schau gelegentlich rein - eigentlich hoffen wir alle dass das Problem bald geloest wird.

Ulli

0 Kudos
jkalmbach
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hmm… after looking a bit deeper, the answer was very simple:

* Inside the Guest OS, someone has install VMWare Workstation (an older version than 15.1); and this has caused the error message….

After uninstalling the VM Workstation *inside* the Guest OS, the update worked Smiley Wink

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

0 Kudos