VMware Communities
Asd_zxc
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Win 10 PC crashed while trying to install VMware workstation

Hi guys,

This is my first time trying to use VMware Workstation. I was trying to install the software version 12.5.4, 12.1.1, 12.0.1, 12.0.0 and 7.1.4 earlier on and they all crashed (blue screen of death?) while installing. The furthest I got to was with the 12.1.1 version where the system prompted me to authorize the keys 2 times and crashed while it's finalizing. I had to go out after that so I shut down my system. I tried to install in my main drive (C) and my other drive (D) but it seems like there's no differences.

I tried again after I was back, now I had error saying that no proper authorization (along that line) and I clicked ignore. That leads to another error saying fail to create hcmon driver. After that when I try again it just crashed all together.

What should I do now to get this working?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Asd_zxc
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi, didn't realize that there was a reply. Thanks! I managed to install the software properly now after I disabled both my anti-virus and Win 10 Firewall. I have only tried disabling one of those before so I assume that might be the reason to the crashing during installation!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
frodo
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

Would you please try the following?

1) Uninstall Workstation

2) Cleanup you host according to this KB Cleaning up after an incomplete uninstallation on a Windows host (1308) | VMware KB

3) Reboot your host and then re-install VMware Workstation 12.5.4

If you still hit the host crash, you can upload your minidump file which should locate at C:\Windows\Minidump\, thanks very much

0 Kudos
Asd_zxc
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi, didn't realize that there was a reply. Thanks! I managed to install the software properly now after I disabled both my anti-virus and Win 10 Firewall. I have only tried disabling one of those before so I assume that might be the reason to the crashing during installation!

0 Kudos