VMware Communities
leetriescm
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Win 10 Host, Linux Guest, Using NAT network adapter (default), green light on, but no network access inside linux guest

Hi Everyone,

I've tried reinstalling several times.

CentOS 7 as guest OS.

Windows 10 Pro as host OS.

Workstation 15 (latest), and latest VMware tools for Linux installed

Just using NAT, not tinkered at all with the network settings since reinstalling, and there is just no Net connection inside CentOS.

What can I do to diagnose the issue (either in host or guest)?

Isn't the default NAT option normally trouble-free? Smiley Happy

Thanks for any help,

Lee

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
xishengzhang
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello, leetriescm

Could you please check below items? Hope it helps.

1. Make sure VMNET8  NIC is installed and enabled on you win10 host. Please check "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network Connections"

If there is no vmnet8 nic installed, then please uninstall workstation, then reboot your host and reinstall workstation again

2. Please check vm setting to make sure NAT is selected and "connected" when the VM is powered on.

3. Make sure the ethernet is enabled and on in guest vm.

Please let us know if you still have the nat issue after above checking. Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
xishengzhang
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello, leetriescm

Could you please check below items? Hope it helps.

1. Make sure VMNET8  NIC is installed and enabled on you win10 host. Please check "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network Connections"

If there is no vmnet8 nic installed, then please uninstall workstation, then reboot your host and reinstall workstation again

2. Please check vm setting to make sure NAT is selected and "connected" when the VM is powered on.

3. Make sure the ethernet is enabled and on in guest vm.

Please let us know if you still have the nat issue after above checking. Thanks.

0 Kudos
leetriescm
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yeah, got it working eventually, thanks. Not sure what I did exactly to get it working, but it's all good now. Thanks again Smiley Happy

0 Kudos