VMware Communities
Radio1
Contributor
Contributor

Why does VMware refuse to fix Virtual network editor

I have asked this question with the last few releases of VMware workstation.  It seems like such a simple thing.  I will put this in all caps so that you can understand this is important.

CAN YOU PLEASE FIX VIRTUAL NETWORK EDITOR TO ALLOW US TO USE SIMPLE AND RELEVANT NAMES FOR NETWORKS?

VMNETx MEANS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO MOST OF US!!!

In Vsphere you allow customers to use names for networks that actually have a meaning.  Why can't you use the same meathod for naming networks in Workstation?

This is so so simple.  What the refusal to do so?  I am sure that almost everyone that shells out the money for workstation would use this feature.  I can't even really call it a feature since it should have been there since the beginning.  It really is a mistake that is hasn't been there.

I was very excited to see that changes have been made to the virtual network editor in version 10.  I almost bought the upgrade for this feature alone.  I am glad that I didn't as I see that the programmers are again a failure as they have left out such a critical item.  Please Please Please fix this.  I love vmware and hate to switch all of our virtual infrastructural out due to this.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Radio1
Contributor
Contributor

Please reply to this if you agree that virtual network editor should be improved.  Maybe if enough people ask, This basic feature will be added.

0 Kudos
voidp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I agree.  Virtual Network Editor should allow the user to choose network names other than VMNETx. 

0 Kudos
Radio1
Contributor
Contributor

I guess this isn't a big a deal as I thought.  This just reminds me of windows 3.1 when we were limited to 8 characters in a name.  Even then I could at least choose the 8 characters!  This seems like such a simple thing to fix.  I guess that is isn't a very big deal for most.  I hate having to reference a chart to remember what I have each Virtual network connected to.

0 Kudos