VMware Communities
WhiteKnight
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Where's propopsal/ideas gone in the new forum?

Last week I noticed there was an "ideas" area available here to suggest new features in public.

I want to transfer one of my suggestions to there, but after the forum migration I can't find it anymore.

Can someone please point me to the right direction?

[VMware]: Workstation 17 Pro; --
[host]: Windows 10x64 host; --
[guests]: Windows 10x64, Windows 8x64.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

I've gone through a few forum upgrades and lots of stuff tends to be broken on an upgrade. Sadly that's how progress works. However by reporting the issues they can be looked at and addressed, so thanks for the report!

FWIW, I have reported your question at the VMTN moderator slack (/cc @jennivmtn )
For vSphere there is an alternative ( https://vsphere.ideas.aha.io/ideas ) perhaps it is an idea for VMware to create a similar space for Workstation/Fusion.

Hope this helps,
--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

I've gone through a few forum upgrades and lots of stuff tends to be broken on an upgrade. Sadly that's how progress works. However by reporting the issues they can be looked at and addressed, so thanks for the report!

FWIW, I have reported your question at the VMTN moderator slack (/cc @jennivmtn )
For vSphere there is an alternative ( https://vsphere.ideas.aha.io/ideas ) perhaps it is an idea for VMware to create a similar space for Workstation/Fusion.

Hope this helps,
--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I was told by Jenni last week that it will be up to the individual Community (SDDC, Networking, Digital Workspace, etc) owners to add the equivalent of Ideas to their respective areas.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
Dryne
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Where do we report issues after the site update?

One weird thing that is happening for me is that I am constantly logged out of the site quickly.  I have to keep logging back in over and over.  I am not finding a way to remain logged in (or at least extend the period prior to being logged out).

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I reported the same myself, the site administrators are looking into it.

This thread can be used to report other issues: https://communities.vmware.com/t5/Platform-Status/VMTN-Community-Upgrade-to-Khoros/m-p/2807423#M7

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
WhiteKnight
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hmm ... Can I do something to get this issue (related to Ideas forum missing) processed any further?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Is it an idea from the old platform, or something new you wanted to post?

0 Kudos
WhiteKnight
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi, Scott,

I originally posted it as a plain discussion in the forums. And I submitted it through the official Feature Request page, too, like you suggested.

https://communities.vmware.com/t5/VMware-Workstation-Pro/Focus-inadvertently-changed-to-host-please-...

I feel this is an important feature request, preventing data loss and security issues. Up to today, I regularly lose data because of this missing feature.

The original, old thread isn't visited by anyone, because it isn't designated to be an idea, so none of the other users can see it and vote for it.

I was hoping that VMware introduced the new Ideas forum so users may focus on the ideas mentioned therein and vote for them, so VMware may decide based on user votes whether to implement features.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Right now the only thing I can suggest is to send a PM to Mike: https://communities.vmware.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/767659

0 Kudos