VMware Communities
kal_a
Contributor
Contributor

Where is this so called vmWare tools?????????????????????????????????

Hello everyone.

Unfortunately and I really do mean that, I have to use VMWare because of the software I'm using supports only this VM. So I have to learn yet again another piece of software.

At any rate, I installed the free trial of VMWare workstation pro (Win 8.1 host and and imported an oracle  Win7 guest) and the menu item "Install VMware tools" is greyed and  my search led me to very old pages that indicated I have to download an ISO of some sort. I guess VMware can't download it or something like that.

So where can I download that package.

Thanks

Kal

3 Replies
kal_a
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks I was able to download the files but that's about it. It's a crappy software and I decided to stick with virtual box.

Thanks so much

Kal

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hey Kal,

You are welcome to make civil statements about your opinion on the VMware products that you use.

But making violence inciting threats on this forum are not welcome. Nor are they within the rules of the VMware Community Participation Terms of Use that you agreed to abide by when you signed up to this forum.

I have removed your last reply to this thread.

thanks for your understanding.

--

Wil

User Moderator of VMTN

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos