VMware Communities
Smbands
Contributor
Contributor

When I use SSH to connect to centos7, I cannot access the public network

Hello My Windows and Vmware workstation are latest version. When I open the CentOS7 system on Vmware workstation,and use the Vmware workstation`s Command line window to verify that the network can access the public network ,that is ok,the network can access the public network(I use the NAT mode),so I'm sure the Windows network and Virtual network editor configuration are correct. Now i can ping the public network. When i use the Xshell or other SSH software,these software can login this CentOS system,But when i ping public network on the SSH software ,The public network is disconnected at this time, But the connection between Xshell and CentOS7 is normal yet,Then i use the Vmware workstation`s Command line window to ping the pubilc network it was faild.and put the message : Name or service net known. Well, in a nutshell I can use the SSH software to login the CentOS system, But i can`t to access the public network using SSH software. I can access the public network use Vmware workstation`s Command line window,But I want to use the SSH software. I think this problem maybe about Windows system`service,maybe someone service is stop or start(such as Vmware DHCP Service). Please let me know if you have the same problem or know how to solve it Thank you!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Thread reported so moderators know it needs moving to the area for Workstation, since this has nothing to do with Horizon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

> I can access the public network use Vmware workstation`s Command line window,But I want to use the SSH software. 

Sorry - if you assume that other folks know what you mean by "Vmware workstation`s Command line window" you are probably wrong ????
Please rephrase your question
Ulli

0 Kudos
Smbands
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry,The "Vmware workstation`s command line window" means when i open the vmware workstation and open CentOS7 system input some commands direct.Not through the SSH software. Now I`ve solved this problem,through uninstall vmware workstation software thorough,and reinstall it. Anyway,Thank you all the same!
0 Kudos