VMware Communities
gakumar
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

What type of network configuration ...........virtual DHCP server to lease to physical machine.....

Dear All,

Scenario:

1. VMware workstation 12 running on a highend laptop.
2. VMware workstation 12 hosts a Domain Controller and a domian joined windows servers 2012 R2 running DHCP role.
3. The laptop is connected to a 8 port hub. Hub is connected to 3 physical servers, these 3 servers need a DHCP lease from
   virtual DHCP server.

The networking done is "Host Only" What type of networking I need to do on the VMWare Workstation and on the DHCP server. Please refer any article/tutorial if possible

Thanks for your time, eforts and valuable suggestions.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

Your virtual DHCP server must be on a bridged network adapter, this cannot work with "host only".

edit: to be clear, I mean the network settings in your DHCP VM, should not be "NAT" or "host only" but "Bridged".

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

Your virtual DHCP server must be on a bridged network adapter, this cannot work with "host only".

edit: to be clear, I mean the network settings in your DHCP VM, should not be "NAT" or "host only" but "Bridged".

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
gakumar
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the response. I have one more query and till now no one has able to give any hints. Any idea on the same ?

Mounting a .VHD on Workstation Pro for Windows Nano Server ???

0 Kudos