VMware Communities
ReginaldM
Contributor
Contributor

What steps need to be taken so a virtual machine can not be associated in any way with another virtual machine on the same host?

Ok, so basically I play an MMO. The admins typically don't like to see that a single machine is simultaneously online with multiple copies of the game. I have tried using a socks proxy for each instance of the game, but that isn't enough. They seem to also look at machine specific ids. How can I use virtual machines to be 100% sure that they have no way of connecting two separate game sessions?

I think at least the following need to be done (can vmware allow for this to happen?):

1. A different proxy must be used for each session (this is no problem for me)

2. Each virtual machine must have different hardware IDs

3. Each virtual machine must have a unique uuid and mac address

Are there things that I'm missing? Is there an easy way to clone a barebones windows installation and have each virtual machine have the necessary values randomized? Are there certain things I need to do to make sure that the guest is unable to see anything that could link all virtual machines to the host? For network connection settings, does bridged vs NAT matter? Do you think the windows product key matters?

Thanks!

edit: Also, do I need workstation to do the stuff I'm asking about (or atleast do it easily), or would player be enough?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
prince1121
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

hi ReginaldM

welocome to forum,

please add physical NIC card to your physical server and link diffrent NIC to vlan so that it will treat as idffrent pc .

if need any more information please get back to us.

ReginaldM
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the response. The issue is not making my local network see the virtual machine as a separate machine, but rather making sure that a remote server for a video game is unable to see that two different virtual machines (that are on the same host machine) are connected in any way.

0 Kudos