VMware Communities
Captain22
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

What data save my guest pc about my host pc?

Hello all VMware user

I will be glad if someone can help me.

What data save my vmware guest pc from my host pc? In my vmware config I have no ethernet adapter from my guest pc to my host pc.

In this configuration without ethernet adapter I assume that no information about my host pc is stored in my guest pc. Is this correct?

I have doubts about this because the clock in the guest pc takes the time from the host pc. So it can be possible that other data are storend in the guest pc.??

Thanks and greetings from Germany :smileygrin:

Martin

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

Well the virtual machine does get virtual hardware and part of that is the clock. It doesn't get direct access to any hardware device, with an exception to the CPU.

You are correct that only by adding a network adapter you can access data at the host. There's also the possibility to setup a host share, but it is disabled by default.

In short, no data from the host is accessible or is stored in the virtual machine.

--

Wil

Visit the VMware developers wiki at http://www.vi-toolkit.com

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

Well the virtual machine does get virtual hardware and part of that is the clock. It doesn't get direct access to any hardware device, with an exception to the CPU.

You are correct that only by adding a network adapter you can access data at the host. There's also the possibility to setup a host share, but it is disabled by default.

In short, no data from the host is accessible or is stored in the virtual machine.

--

Wil

Visit the VMware developers wiki at http://www.vi-toolkit.com

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos