VMware Communities
tomm1984
Contributor
Contributor

Weird combination of multiple RDP session AND certain Win OS AND number of VM’s slow down VMware GUI

Hi guys.

I have discovered a weird scenario and it took me while to find out when it occurs.

A weird combination of multiple RDP connections (RDP through RDP) AND a certain Win OS AND the number of VM’s running slow down VMware GUI (workstation 15.5) on the host. Please find the attached overview of the landscape and the setup.

Only the VMware GUI gets slow, every click in it takes ages and even starting a VM looks like(!) it takes ages. The rest of the host* works totally fine.

*host performance is generally always okay. I have tried it on different hosts up to 8 cores and 128 GB RAM. Always the same

System = intel CPU

0 Kudos
1 Reply
tomm1984
Contributor
Contributor

okay, one more important insight: I think it has to do with the console view - if I disable it, GUI goes smooth even with 2 RDP connections and all 4 VM's running.

Therefor I assume it has to do with colour settings or graphical effects being transmitted from guest's OS, GUI console view, RDP, RDP and so on ... or maybe mouse movement etc. which is being forwarded / transmitted from RDP to RDP to CUI to guest.

Something like this. Thankfully I don't need the GUI and doing RDP to the guests directly works fine too ... so, juest disable console view and things should be okay I guess. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos