VMware Communities
Akenzar
Contributor
Contributor

Weird VM Time issue

I built a Server 2019 vm on my laptop which works fine but when I upload it to an ESXi 7.0.0 server and boot the time is 5 hours later even when the time zone is same. Vm on laptop when I boot it up is correct after upload. Esxi host and vCenter appliance time is correct so not pulling from there. Even stranger when you try to add it to domain with the wrong time you get can't find domain controller. If you change the time manually then add it to domain works fine till you try to log in with a domain account which you get can't find the domain controller again. Any help would be appreciated.

For more info, I have to build the Server on my laptop so I can license it since the network does not currently have an internet connection for security reasons. Workstation version is 15.5.6 build-16341506, Esxi is 7.0.0, 15843807, vCenter Server Appliance at 7.0.0.10300

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Akenzar
Contributor
Contributor

I ended up being able to bypass the issue by setting VMware tools to sync time every once in a while. Still not sure why 5 hours every time I move it when no other server on the host has the issue and none need VMware tools to sync the time but at least it is syncing time ok for now.

0 Kudos