VMware Communities
tradervic75
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Website keeps on crashing in Workstation - on IE7 and IE8

Hi,

Am a newbie to workstation; have installed 2 guest operating systems for testing websites in multiple versions of IE. Have one website: www.web-preference.co.uk which keeps on crashing in IE7 and IE8. There is no problem in IE6 (on my desktop), Firefox, Safari etc. Also, I know the site doesn't crash when on IE7 on my laptop. Therefore, there must be an issue with VM Ware in some way?

Could other users please have a look at this site on their virtual machines if this is possible - on these browsers, and let me know if it's ok?

If you can replicate the same issue, does anyone know what could be causing the problem?

Many thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
prakashraj
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi Paul,

I have tested with IE8 in guest machines

website http://www.web-preference.co.uk working without any problem

Prakash

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
prakashraj
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi,

Have you updated the required patches for IE7 and IE8 in the Guest machines ?

if not please check the updates & service packs from microsoft.com

Prakash

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!
0 Kudos
tradervic75
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

Many thanks for getting back to me. I actually have contacted Microsoft - they got me to uninstall and reinstall IE8 (where I first saw the problem). Didnt mention anything on updates and service packs - but I will check - thank you.

Are you not experiencing the same issue then?

Cheers,

Paul

0 Kudos
prakashraj
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi Paul,

I have tested with IE8 in guest machines

website http://www.web-preference.co.uk working without any problem

Prakash

0 Kudos
tradervic75
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Many thanks Prakash

0 Kudos