VMware Communities
Cnpits
Contributor
Contributor

Watchguard Firewall on WS12 Win8.1 having routing issues

For the purpose of some organization demo'ing I am attempting to get watchguard XTMV installed on a dell E6540 and having the local OS route traffic back through the firewall and out.

I was able to install the ovf into WS12.

I was able to test and validate that the external port on the firewall is able to utilize the USB NIC attached to the laptop.

The issue I'm hitting is getting the operating system to not using the local wifi adapter to traverse data traffic through.

I had gone into adapters, selected advanced, and deployed the local wifi adapter to the bottom of the list and placed the loopback at the top.

WS_nic3.jpg

So When accessing the watchguard manager and looking at traffic I can ping the gateway and see the traffic coming through but not any other traffic.

VMNet0 is the external port on the firewall attached to its own physical NIC. Seems to be working

WS_nic2.jpg

In the watchguard VM settings:

Nic1 is the external on the firewall and connected to VMnet0

Nic2 is the internal port on the firewall.

WS_nic4.jpg

So two questions:

1. I'm not 100% sure what I should have the internal adapter assigned to? Should it be assigned to loopback? And then attempt to get the under advanced options on the OS loopback assigned to the top?
  2. Should I delete the other VMnet 1 and 8?

Seen here I can ping the internal side of the firewall yet that's it nothing else will go through.

Gateway is 10.3.1.254 on the firewall.

WS_nic5.jpg

0 Kudos
0 Replies